Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 RACER
The Moto Guzzi V7 Racer pays homage to the extraordinary racing career of the V7 Sport. The Moto Guzzi V7 Racer offers the classic style of the Moto Guzzi marquee in a perfectly balanced mix of craftsmanship and technology. With a feisty motor, number plate, and solo saddle, the eye-catching V7 Racer harkens back to the glories of yesteryear--only topped off with modern engineering to make every turn a visceral experience.
Tradition can be so thrilling sometimes.
The Moto Guzzi V7 Racers remains an homage in design to the café racer motorcycles of the 1950s and 1960s, combined with the modern features of an Italian-engineered motorcycle. Featuring a new and more powerful, 750cc, 90-degree V-Twin motor and new lightweight, six split spoke aluminum wheels, the V7 Racer brings together classic style and craftsmanship.
The completely reengineered 750cc engine still relies on the engineering that made the Moto Guzzi V50 a success among riders in 1977. Since then the engine has been continuously updated yet stays faithful to the original genial layout introduced by Italian engineer Lino Tonti in the 70s and stays true to the characteristics of the Moto Guzzi tradition, that touring on a motorcycle at its most pure should be nothing but enjoyable.
While maintaining the classic 90° V configuration, the engine is now comprised of more than 70% new components. Cutting-edge technological solutions have been used to improve functionality, provide greater torque and power even at low rpms, and be more efficient, with higher fuel economy and reduced emissions. The new engine is more powerful and stays true to the characteristics of the Moto Guzzi tradition, that touring on a motorcycle at its most pure should be nothing but enjoyable.
The new tank brings with it a superior metallic construction that allows for a lighter tank along with a greater fuel capacity – the V7 Racer can hold a record 5.8 gallons which, together with reduced consumption, ensures a range of up to 310 miles.
The distinctiveness of the V7 Racer design is sporty and attention-getting in all the right ways. A new chrome fuel tank finished with a studded leather strap, a single-saddle suede seat with an aerodynamic seat cowl and ‘70s-style racer number plates mean the added engine performance is showcased right along with classic style. One look, and a rider will know that the V7 Racer speaks for itself.
The Moto Guzzi V7 Racer, iconic and prestigiously manufactured in Italy, will be available in 2013 in U.S. dealerships.
As with all of Moto Guzzi’s on-road motorcycles, the V7 Racer comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty and roadside assistance for one year.
- Type: 90 deg. V-twin 4-stroke
- Capacity: 744 cc
- Maximum power: 37 kW (50 hp) at 6,200 rpm
- Maximum torque: 42.7 ft. lb. / 58Nm at 5,000 rpm
- Fuel system: Weber-Marelli electronic fuel injection.
- Exhaust system: Three-way catalytic converter with double lambda probe
- Gearbox: 5 speeds with cardan final drive
- Lubrication: Forced circulation with lobe pump - circuit capacity: 1.78 Kg
- Final drive: CA.R.C. Compact Reactive Shaft Drive
- Clutch: Dry single plate with flexible couplings
- Frame: Double cradle tubular frame in ALS steel with detachable rear subframe
- Front suspension: Telescopic hydraulic fork with 40 mm stanchions
- Rear suspension: Light alloy swing arm with 2 fully adjustable Bitubo shock absorbers
- Brake system: Brembo
- Front brake: 320 mm Ø stainless steel disc, Brembo caliper with 4 differentiated pistons
- Rear brake: 260 mm stainless steel disc, brembo double piston floating caliper
- Wheels: Aluminium spoked black anodised rims
- Front wheel: 18 in., 100/90
- Rear wheel: 17 in., 130/80
- Length: 86 in. (2184 mm)
- Max width: 31.5 in. (800 mm)
- Height: 43.8 in. (1112 mm)
- Saddle height: 31.6 in. (30.7 in. opt.) (805 mm) (780 mm opt.)
- Curb weight: 395 lb. (179 kg)
- Fuel tank capacity: 5.8 gal. (22 L)
- Reserve: 1 gal. (4 L)
- Engine Type
- 90 deg. V-twin 4-stroke
- 744 cc
- Fuel System
- Weber-Marelli electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic hydraulic fork with 40 mm stanchions
- Rear Suspension
- Light alloy swing arm with 2 fully adjustable Bitubo shock absorbers
- Front Brakes
- 320 mm Ø stainless steel disc, Brembo caliper with 4 differentiated pistons
- Rear Brakes
- 260 mm stainless steel disc, brembo double piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 18 in., 100/90
- Rear Tire
- 17 in., 130/80
- Seat Height
- 31.6 in. (805 mm); Optional: 30.7 in. (780 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.8 gal. (22 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 395 lb. (179 kg)
- 5 speeds with cardan final drive
- Final Drive
- CA.R.C. Compact Reactive Shaft Drive
- 2 year